PLEASE CLICK ON THE LICENSING PROCESS LINK TO THE LEFT TO OBTAIN ALARM LICENSING FORMS.
Qualified applicants who wish to obtain a Burglar Alarm License should print the indicated application forms and then submit the following to the ASL office:
- A completed application form. (Do not leave any blanks)
- One (1) completed fingerprint card (An FBI fingerprint card will be provided to you at a later time during the application process)
- E-mail a digital photo to the PPS Office [e-mail address is PPSASL-Photos@ncdoj.gov ]. Digital photographs must be submitted in *jpeg(.jpg) format and the licensee's full name with the last name first, last four digits of the licensee's social security number and state the type of license when naming the .jpg photograph for proper identification. [example: Doe.John.Joseph.1234.Licensee.jpg]. The photograph must be current with no caps or hats being worn. Paper photographs, polaroids and other similar types of photos are not acceptable.
- Proof of high school graduation, general education certificate or proof of graduation from an accredited college or university.
- If you are not a US citizen, you must supply documentation verifying legal resident alien status.
- DD 214 (if veteran or discharged). If you are currently in the military, you must submit a letter from your commanding officer.
- $150.00 non-refundable application fee and an additional $38.00 fee for an SBI/FBI fingerprint check, which must be made payable by check or money order to the Alarm Systems Licensing Board.
- If applicable, a copy of your company’s current North Carolina Electrical Contractor’s license.
- A signed and notarized authorization of release of records form.
- North Carolina residents shall obtain a criminal record check from the Clerk of Court or from the current online vendors listed on the Administrative Office of the Courts web site. Criminal records are required for each county of residence for teh past forty-eight (48) months and must not be over sixty (60) days old when received in the Administrative Office.
- Out-of-state applicants must submit an out-of-state criminal record for each county of residence for the past forty-eight (48) months. The criminal record must not be over sixty (60) days old when received in the Administrative office. All out-of-state criminal records must be obtained from CriminalRecordCheck.com. You may order your criminal record via the internet at www.ASLBcheck.com or call 1-877-272-0266, ext 1029.
- Application for a company business license. (Every business, except a sole proprietorship, is required to have a business license issued by the Board. There is no fee for this license).
- Personal Reference Questionnaire is to be completed by each of the references you have listed on the application. The questionnaire is to be completed by the reference(s) only and must be mailed in with your application to the Alarm Systems Licensing Board.
Prior to receiving a license, it is important that all applicants review the Alarm Systems Licensing Act N.C.G.S. 74-D
and the administrative rules of the Alarm Systems Licensing Board 12 N.C.A.C 11D
If you have any further questions, you should contact the Licensing Unit of the Alarm Systems Licensing Board at (919) 788-5320.