North Carolina Department of Justiceskip to main content
North Carolina Department of Justice
North Carolina Department of Justice
Submit this request

Where to Report Fraud & Abuse

You can report Medicaid provider fraud or abuse to the Attorney General’s Medicaid Investigations Division at (919) 881-2320.
Medicaid recipient fraud, in other words, fraud committed by those being served by Medicaid, including fraudulent eligibility and transfer of assets, should be reported to the state Division of Medical Assistance at 1-800-662-7030 or to your local county Department of Social Services.
To report Medicare fraud, contact the Office of Inspector General, US Department of Health and Human Services, at 1-800-447-8477.

North Carolinians with information about Medicare error, fraud and abuse can also contact the North Carolina Senior Medicare Patrol Program at 1-877-99-NCSMP (1-877-996-2767).
To report private insurance fraud, call the NC Department of Insurance at 1-800-546-5664.
To report fraud and abuse in state licensed facilities, agencies and nursing homes, contact the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
To report serious health care fraud, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Research pre-employment verification for nurse aides at the Health Care Personnel Registry at (919) 715-0562.
To find related rules, visit the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.